Thursday, September 11, 2008

chicken curry sans chicken

Curry noodles are supposed to be really yummy, but I didn't have any ingredients on hand besides a packet of chicken curry mix and a tupperware full of spiral macaroni. And greek yogurt. So I prepared the curry according to the microwave instructions (stinking up my room/lounge/hallway/hair/clothing/life in the process) by mixing in a cup of water and nuking for 3 minutes. Fancy, I know. I learned it at the Culinary Institute of America. Or France?

So after making that noxious curry sauce, I spooned some of it over my macaroni and mixed it in. I guess chicken curry really isn't good without chicken... because it tasted like my tongue burning and nothing else. :( So to remedy this situation, I spooned in some 2% milkfat Fage greek yogurt :9

It still tasted like crap. So I added salt. And then it was delicious!! (No, actually, it still tasted like crap.)

So that was my crap lunch for the day.

It even looks like crap:
IMG_3669

Oh and I accompanied it with a semi-stale hunk of sourdough bread from the farmer's market! 9:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awwww ewwwww. We cooked one of the curry packets last night.. the one with the lemon curd. So I got to make lemon curd. It was really spicy.. even with chicken but it wasn't bad. Dad didn't like it cuz it was a little sweet. Jason of course, inhaled it with 2.5 bowls of rice.